Last post, we explained the benefits of making your own raffle tickets.
Today, we’ll get down to the business of actually installing the raffle ticket software that comes with your starter kit so you can get to work and start making raffle tickets .
By the way, the raffle ticket software that comes with our starter kit comes on a CD ROM disk.
Besides needing a CD rom drive on your computer, it might be helpful if your computer had the following minimum system requirements: Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows XP.
OK now that we got some of that techno-babble out of the way, here’s step-by step, how you would install the raffle ticket software from the CD ROM.
1. Open the drawer of your CD Drive.
2. Insert the raffle ticket software disk into the drawer with the print side face up.
3. Close the CD ROM drawer.
4. After a few seconds, the software should start up automatically. If the installation software does not start automatically, don’t panic, just open your Windows Explorer, or in Windows XP , click the Start button, then click RUN and type: E:\autorun\autorun.exe (assuming your CD Drive is your “E” drive of course.)
5. Once the installation is initiated, you should now see the TicketMaster Software splash screen like this.
6. Click on Install English (or if you are French click on “Installer en Francais”)
7. Your screen will go blue for an instant and then the “Users License Agreement” will appear. Make sure you read the software user agreement and then click “I Accept” to continue.
8. You will then get to the “Welcome – This program will install SureThing TicketMaker on your computer”. Click NEXT.
9. Now, you will be asked to select the destination directory on your computer that you want the raffle ticket software installed on. I usually select the default directory to avoid any problems. Whatever you want, just choose the directory and click NEXT.
10. Now the “Add to Desktop/Start Menu” window appears and asks you if you want a shortcut added to your Desktop and/or your Start Menu. Make your selections and click NEXT
11. Now you are finally ready to install the Raffle Ticket software onto your computer. Click START and sit back and relax.
12. You can watch it copy the files from the CD onto your hard drive to the location you selected and after about 1 minute (its pretty quick) a window pops up that shows your FINISHED.
You are then sent to register (if you selected to register online) your software. To register your ticket software, you’ll be asked for your company name, first name, last name and email address. That’s it!
The benefits of registering your software are to stay current with software upgrades that may occur and also to take take advantage of free live technical support from the software manufacturer.
So, its well worth registering your raffle ticket software there. Plus it’s pretty easy and quick to do!
So now that you have your software installed, you’re ready to use it!
Next time, we’ll open the software and jump into some of the features it offers you. Maybe we’ll even start to create a real raffle ticket!
Till then… hasta la vista,